What's the warranty policy for SPLACH e-scooters/e-bikes and how long is the period for different parts?
- The warranty period is 6 months from the original ship date.
- The warranty components of e-scooters cover accelerator, card reader, charger, controller, lithium battery, framework, motor. The warranty components of e-bikes cover accelerator, charger, controller, motor, lithium battery, framework.
- The product must be purchased directly from the website. PURCHASER must be able to provide electronic proof of purchase by means of order number, email address or name used at time of original purchase. If you purchased it from one of our partners/agents, your warranty is registered with them.
- Warranty doesn’t apply to weather-related water damage. The owner is responsible for storage and protection from the weather.
- This Limited 6-Month Warranty does not cover minor surface blemishes, rips, tears, scratches, flat tires or other cosmetic damages due to normal use, or other intentional or unintentional damage to the product.
- It does not cover issues caused by damage due to mishandling, storage, accident, impact, abuse, dangerous play, misuse and any form of personal negligence. Refer to the user manual enclosed within the product package for specific product warranty information. All free accessories are not covered under the warranty.
- This Limited 6-Month Warranty will not cover any damage which results from the application of improper cleaners, solvents or chemicals to the product, water damage, smoke or soot, or from exposure to saltwater, sea breeze or salt.
- This Limited 6-Month Warranty will not cover any damage which results from ageing, such as fading of paint, deterioration of plated surfaces, rubber or plastics, or rusting and capacity drain of battery.
- It is important to note that warranty does not cover labor or shipping fees.
- Screws are not covered under warranty. Electric scooters are like bikes in terms of maintenance. It is the rider's responsibility to tighten the usual bolts and nuts from time to time. Screws missing or damaged within the 6-month period of time are not under warranty.
- Items on sale or any discounted products with "Warehouse Clearance/Special Sale/Discount" stated anywhere on the respective product page itself is NOT covered under this limited warranty.
- If your e-scooter or e-bike experiences any damages due to part quality issues, SPLACH will send the proper replacement part for repair along with the guide to safely replace the part in question. Upon an approved warranty claim, in the event that you do not know how or do not have the time to conduct repairs on the product, SPLACH can arrange repair services for you at no additional charges. However, the customer is responsible for any incurred cost due to shipping, uncovered part replacements and other 3rd party costs. The customer can choose to deliver the product to the repair facility by themselves to avoid any incurred shipping fees.
- According to warranty policy, customer would have to pay for repairs once the warranty expires.
If the parts are broken/damaged by personal human errors, who's supposed to cover the repair and shipping costs?
If the parts are broken/damaged by human errors, the owner of the scooter is supposed to pay for the repair and shipping costs. Products not directly purchased from the original company (SPLACH) will not be covered under warranty.
How do I apply for repair?
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the following information for the repair application. order number, commodity item, first name, surname, phone number, shipping address, e-mail address, problem statement, supporting evidence (photos and videos). Our technician will check the issue on working days and get back to you in 2-3 business days. The video matters as we need to check the actual condition. If the problem is caused by improper operation, we'll provide instructions/videos. If the problem is due to the out-of-order component, we'll supply the part for replacement. Products not directly purchased from the original company (SPLACH) will not be covered under warranty.